In my last entry, I mentioned that it was a little difficult meeting new people. Obviously the GEPIK workshop was not the best place for me to find some new friends...which is strange since it's not exactly hard to meet new people when you have a whole weekend alone with a bunch of a new people. But as I said, it's hard for me.

Skip ahead to two weeks later. One of my mother's old friends came to visit and she took both of us out to dinner. Her daughter also came along. She had studied in America for a few year so she could speak a little English with me and then surprisingly she invited me to her church.

Now I had stopped going to church a long time ago, but at this point in my time here I was desperate to find a comfortable, safe space to meet new people. And so I had hoped to write an entry about my issues with going to church not for the religious experience but....

I stopped going. I went once and that was it. Organized religion and I can't really function together anymore. So it ruined the whole meeting new people sort of thing. Ah but I did meet a lot of new people in the city. Yay! New people.