It's been a while guys. I hope you people in the States are hanging in there with the American Economy taking a nose dive into the pile of shit we've slowly been accumulating over the years. All you other peeps in different countries (so, basically, George and maybe Tiff), LET'S GO BUY FUR COATS.

Last week was midterm week, so all the boys were busy taking tests for the whole week. This week is a blessing for the rest of the teachers, as it's one of the few weeks of the year that they can relax at school. Or if you're like me, work on more lesson plans. None of the teachers have to teach anything, they only come to school to proctor tests. Except for me, that is. I'm not a real teacher so I didn't get to do anything, but DUR HUR I still had to come. So I came to work and did nothing but lesson planning and facebook stalking.

Last Thursday was a great break from, um, doing nothing, because it was the school picnic! We went all da way to Disneyland Korea (Everland) and I pretended to be a stupid kid again! It was actually very fun because I'm starting to hate thrillparks like Six Flags and starting to love atmosphere-centered parks like Disneyland. It was actually much more impressive than Disneyland, not because of size or rides, but it's just much more aesthetically pleasing. Beautiful flower gardens, massize Vegas-style fountains and hotels within the park and a zoo as well! Plus lots of white people who play a bunch of random white people roles. I didn't know the Phantom of the Opera was a popular guy amongst the kids. Anyway, I can't show you the pictures here but you should go to my facebook album. You've probably already seen it.

Last Saturday my mother and I went to a nearby city to find my grandfather's grave. This is my father's father we're talking about. In general, in this filial-piety-centered Korean society, the father's father gets a lot of respect and it's especially that the grandson, the one who will carry on the family name, pay that respect. Unfortunately, I only met this man once in my American lifetime and I don't remember much. I always wondered what he thought of me and my family, what he thought about how I grew up and what he thought about my complete lack of korean language fluency (I'm sure he didn't like it....). This train of thought always makes me wonder how I would have turned out if I had grown up in my native country; a thought most of us have had sometime in our lives. Then I feel sad that I've let down this man I barely knew but should have known. Paying my respects is the only thing I can do for him now.

Tomorrow I'm off to Yongin for my program's quarter Orientation program which I just found out about today during work. So, no work this week, I get to play ice breakers (PLEASE MAKE US PLAY BOOM CHIKA BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM) and meet even more new people.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

Bye.