- I guess the term 'ricetarded' could be considered clever when it's used to describe those outrageously violent Korean politicians but it's also really racist. Like, stupidly racist. You most likely have asked others/yourself why you can't call other black people 'nigga' when they perpetuate such a derogatory word amongst themselves. I'm too lazy to link to what I'm talking about so sorry. Also, I didn't know the people I would link to would actually pay attention. No that's a lie, I'm actually quite pleased about that.

- G and I went to the GI base-centered town in Seoul, it really reminded me of certain parts of Koreatown (and a little bit of Westwood). And I got scared. I was on my guard. I was suddenly expecting someone to yell something slightly derogatory about asians (or something like that) and that it would be directed towards me. It was quite literally the first time I did not feel safe in Korea.

- Went to a show. It had music from Korean indie bands and japanese indie bands. I found a dude friend to go see shows with. He is from Wisconsin and enjoys skating in his free time, but does not do any substance abuse, which always seemed to be the stereotypical thing that punks and skaters enjoyed. He is both and enjoys none of that stuff. Refreshing. Indie Korean music is just as slightly pretentious but not enough to be unenjoyable. They also wear things you wouldn't wear usually in public (bike helmets and suspenders and stuff oh my). These are all observations of a dude who just got into this scene but will never really understand it because he's not apart of it.

- Three months left in my contract and I have already clocked out. Sad.